Chad Taylor

U got the look

Site under redesign, using the new Blogger templates. I was thinking the Courier font might not work but reading back over the screen I immediately spotted two typos so I'll probably stick with it. This will be news to the two and a half people who read this, and the one or two anons whose comments I've disabled. (Sorry about that, Chief: it's not so much a question of coping with criticism as being full to capacity.)

The best Courier font is Courier Final Draft, from the screenwriting application: it's tall and loopy, not unlike the IBM Selectric font designed by Adrian Frutiger. If I was rich I'd write on a Selectric; nothing beats that punch and click. I write in Courier on a lap top because it's the closest experience to working on a typewriter, which was what I grew up wanting to do. Stephen J. Cannell shares some of the blame.

I'm working on the new thing, reading about John Michael Hayes, and working on the new thing. The London weather has cooled, there is no news of any great thing or other, and the locals are gearing up for something they call 'the holidays', a tradition which has been outlawed in my home country. Fuck that, I'm going to be writing.