Chad Taylor

BTW


Watching Margot at the Wedding: basically a movie about actors meeting a real person. Is Jennifer Jason Leigh the Nick Nolte of her generation? She can do drama, action, SF, anything.

The pic is from David Cronenberg's Existenz - the best thing he's done, I think, better even than Crash. He talked to Shivers #65 about Leigh's character Geller:
I wanted to have the lead character be an artist, but I didn't want to make her a film-maker because that leads to a whole other level of discussion. I wanted some distance, and I wanted some inventiveness, but I still use it as a platform for comment about the artistic process and, to some extent, the film-making process.
So, when Jennifer gets up on stage at the beginning and says: the games world is in a kind of a trance, people are programmed to accept so little, but the possibilities are so great - I'm really talking about film. I'm talking about Hollywood. People's expectations are shaped by Hollywood now and it's almost as if they can't relate to any other kind of film-making. Which is a terrifying thing for me as it means that my possibilities are therefore very limited and I might be losing an audience that can actually understand me at all.